Carnival Arts Partnership Opportunities
Art Shape is a member of Gloucester’s Carnival Arts Partnership (CAP).
Even though Carnival has been cancelled for 2020, we’ll keep working with the City’s communities this year to lift our spirits in challenging times and to make Carnival 2021 more diverse and thereby better!
Find out more about the CAP:
- Click here to read about the CAP
- Click here to find out about current and past projects
- Engage with us @GloucesterCarnival on Facebook
Current opportunities are:
Open Road Gathering on zoom
9th December 11.30am – 2.30pm (with breaks).
To celebrate and mark Disability History month 2020, Gloucester’s Carnival Arts Partnership invite you to join us for our online Open Road Gathering.
In 2020, we swallowed our disappointment that Gloucester Carnival 2020 wasn’t going to unite communities in the way it usually does. Instead, we ran a virtual Carnival project to lay foundations that would smooth the Open Road for a more accessible Carnival in 2021 or beyond.
This will be a chance to pool experiences and plans around engagement of disabled artists, audiences and participants going into 2021 despite ongoing uncertainties around the Pandemic.
At the Open Road Gathering on 9th December, we will share our learning and thinking around, and would welcome your input on:
- The benefit of applying principles of Universal design enabling carnival performers to achieve their 100% (with inclusive dance specialist Jürg Koch and professional disabled dancers)
- How to create audience access in a Covid-safe way (sharing work to date undertaken by our Disability Access Working Party)
- Considerations around engaging disabled participants in the Open Road project in 2021
We’re all a little tired of staring at square boxes so we promise that this online event will include fun making and choreography demos!
As we move forward from these odd times, it would be wonderful if you could join us to pool thinking and ideas around a more accessible outdoor event landscape for Gloucester’s future.
The event will be hosted on Zoom with a BSL interpreter and we will work with attendees to remove any other potential barriers to participation in this gathering.
To express interest in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org