Carnival Arts Partnership Opportunities
Art Shape is a member of Gloucester’s Carnival Arts Partnership (CAP).
Even though Carnival has been cancelled for 2020, we’ll keep working with the City’s communities this year to lift our spirits in challenging times and to make Carnival 2021 more diverse and thereby better!
Find out more about the CAP:- Click here to read about the CAP
- Click here to find out about current and past projects
- Engage with us @GloucesterCarnival on Facebook
Current opportunities are:
Join us on the Virtual ‘Open Road’ Project
From 10am to 2pm on the following 3 Saturdays:
15th, 22nd and 29th August 2020
A great way to get creative this summer, exploring your own, fun movement sequences, and making some costume elements or props to do that in!
We have up to 10 places available for disabled participants. Family members, housemates and/or Personal Assistants are welcome to join in with you!
To apply, you will need to be aged 12+ and:
- Have experience of living with a disability.
- Have an interest in Carnival, outdoor arts, performing, design or crafts.
- Be keen to join in with Carnival moves.
- Be happy to participate in both improvised and set dance material.
- Be interested in making costumes and/or props (we’ll send materials and/or talk to you about what is already in your home which could be used).
- Be interested in learning alongside disabled and non-disabled peers.
The workshops will take place on Zoom, which is easy to download and use (we can talk you through getting online).
- We’re using inclusive teaching approaches to make sure that we can work with as wide a range of people as possible.
- Movement and making workshops will be no longer than 45 minutes each, with independent work (away from the screen) in between.
- We’ll talk about your access needs in advance to see how we may be able to remove your barriers to participation.
You will need:
- To be able to follow and remember movement.
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with functioning camera, microphone and speakers.
- To download Zoom, the online platform (we can help you get set up and try it out in advance).
- Space in your home to move and get creative in.
To Apply (Deadline: Monday 27th July 2020)- Click here to download and complete an application form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to apply in an alternative format, or would like to speak to us about this opportunity before applying, please leave a message for Amy on 01452 863855 or e-mail email@example.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with professional disabled and non-disabled dancer-choreographers and costume makers. For some, there may be a chance to apply to be part of a parade project in Gloucester Carnival 2021.
These workshops are part of a national project, ‘Open Road’, which is addressing the barriers disabled people face in accessing Carnival. Partners are New Carnival Company (Isle of Wight), Together 2012! (London) and Callaloo Carnival Arts (nr. Huddersfield).