Free wellbeing courses for pregnant women and new mums.
This is for you if you are pregnant (16 weeks) or have a baby (up to one year old) and live in Gloucester.
Join relaxing yoga sessions to support your wellbeing.This is for anyone pregnant or new mums/birthing parents.
Take part in relaxing creative activities to support your wellbeing.
This is for you if you are pregnant or have had your baby. Explore your creativity with a range of arts and craft activities, from hand-made animal decorations, to printmaking and painting.
Refer to Nurture
Art Shape are now taking referrals for courses starting in May 2023.
If you are a health or social prescribing professional and are working with someone in Gloucester who could benefit from Nurture yoga/creative arts, please refer to us.
Places are limited, so booking is essential.
Download your referral form here:
For more information please contact Amy at Art Shape for a friendly chat email@example.com / 01452 863855
Course informationCreative Arts
10am-12pm with tutor Charlotte Hawke
At The Oaks Children’s Centre, Tuffley Yoga Fridays
About the programme
Nurture is a programme of free courses designed by Art Shape in partnership with Gloucestershire LMNS and One Gloucestershire Integrated Care System. Participants are offered yoga or creative arts for 8 weekly sessions, no experience is necessary to take part. Nurture provides a safe space for pregnant women and new mums to make new connections, explore relaxation techniques, build confidence and develop new skills.
Who’s it for?
This is for you if you are pregnant (16 weeks+) or have a baby (up to one year old) and live in Gloucester.
To be referred, you must be:
- Either 16 weeks pregnant or have a baby less than 1 year old experiencing social isolation or loneliness and/or low level mental health issues
- Comfortable in a group setting
- Willing to commit to 8 weekly sessions
- Registered with a GP in Gloucestershire
What will I gain from joining a course?
- Make friends with other women who are pregnant or have recently had babies
- Learn new skills in yoga or creative activities
- Learn techniques to help you combat social isolation and loneliness
- Get support with any low-level mental health worries you may have
- Opportunity to set light-touch goals through 121 telephone support with the lead artist/yoga practitioner
- Opportunity to set up a move on group with others from your course to continue using creativity or yoga for ongoing wellbeing
Who can refer?
- Any professional working with pregnant women and new mums can refer. This may include:
- Midwives and Health visitors
- Social Prescribers or Link Workers
This is an Arts on Prescription programme, created in collaboration with Art Shape, Gloucestershire LMNS and One Gloucestershire Integrated Care System